Thursday, June 13, 2013

Models Now Eat Cotton Balls to Stay Thin



Eddie Murphy's beautiful daughter, Bria Murphy recently sat down for an interview with Good Morning America, where she opened up about living out her childhood dream as a runway model and the ugly side of the modeling industry that we don’t always necessarily get to see.
“As soon as I was born I've been wanting to do this [modeling],” the 23-year-old Dark & Lovely spokeswoman revealed.


Despite dreams of being a big time supermodel, Bria confessed that for a long time, she was camera shy.
“If you look at the old pictures, I’m in the back of everybody. As I got older I was like, ‘Bria, you can’t want to model and not want to be out there and be the center of attention.’”
She also confessed that being a model is not all glitz and glamour and that the lives of many women are ruined by the pressures of the industry.

“It’s your job to go into a room and some people will just say, ‘no,’ without an explanation. And some will be like, ‘Oh, your nose is too big or your butt is too big or your legs are flabby.’ But, that’s their job, so you just can’t take it personal.”
“Lots of girls get addicted to drugs and anorexia. It’s a whole list of things because there’s a lot of pressure to be perfect.”
“I've absolutely felt that pressure. I’m a small girl naturally, but I can gain weight. I've heard of people eating the cotton balls with the orange juice. They dip it in the orange juice and then they eat the cotton balls to help them feel full.”

Cotton balls? Seriously??

1 comment: